Today would’ve been Pop’s 83rd birthday. I miss him everyday so far. In honor and celebration of a life well-lived, here’s a short look at some of my favorite lessons, that are so much deeper than face value, that I learned from watching my hero – my grandfather – my Pop:
- When in public, walk next to or beside your girl. If you’re behind her, you can’t see her to protect her.
- Any music is good music as long as it’s Sinatra.
- Sometimes you just gotta punch somebody – but when you do, make sure you put your thumb on the outside of your fist.
- Weebles wobble, but they don’t fall down.
- You always gotta have a little cash in your pocket.
- Just because you’re getting older doesn’t mean your fashion should be lame. Stay current & classy in attire.
- A pat on the back from your pastor and him remembering your name is almost better than a good sermon.
- Bodysurf every chance you get. And if you get stuck in a riptide, don’t fight against it. Instead, swim parallel to shore and then swim in.