As many of you know, their 8 year old son, Cooper, was diagnosed recently with leukemia. He’s already started chemotherapy and experiencing the effects of what will be at least a 3 year journey for him and his family.
Jeff and Patti are amazing parents. They’re hard workers. They’re brilliant with finances. They’re dedicated to Jesus and His work. They’re givers in every sense.
I’d love to see us give back to a family who has given so much – for Cooper’s sake and for Jeff, Patti, and Ben. Knowing many of you have already offered help, and others of us have been wondering how we can help, here are a few ways to support the Gokees right now:
1. ASSIST WITH MEDICAL BILLS BY DONATING THROUGH PAYPAL BY FOLLOWING THESE EASY STEPS:
- Login to your PayPal account
- Click the ‘Send Money’ tab
- Enter the PayPal receiver email address JeffGokee@gmail.com
- Enter donation amount and currency
- Funds will then be transferred to the Gokee’s account
2. DONATE GIFT CARDS FROM THE FOLLOWING LOCATIONS TO HELP WITH THEIR DAILY NEEDS:
- Sprouts Market
- Frys Grocery
- Target, Walmart
- Gas Cards
- Paradise Bakery, Pita Jungle, Chipotle, Pei Wei, or Jamba Juice
3. PRAY CONTINUALLY FOR:
- Cooper’s health
- Jeff, Patti and Ben’s physical energy and emotional strength
- Opportunities for Jesus to be seen during this difficult time
- Ongoing financial needs
- Jeff’s ability to balance ministry and family needs
As you’d imagine, Cooper’s immunity is incredibly low, so please refrain from dropping by the Gokee home unannounced. You can, however, send mail to 44166 W. Kramer Ln., Maricopa, Az 85138.
Whether you’re a parent or not, the thought of hearing someday that one of your children has been diagnosed with cancer probably sends chills down your spine. That fear is now reality for one of our friends. Thanks for helping the Gokee family feel deeply loved and supported during this new reality. They love you all equally as deep!